Which of These Behaviors Does Your Child Display?
Three or more “yes” answers indicate the possibility of a retained ATNR.
Note: Please answer “yes” when the behavior is usually the case.
School Success Issues
1. __ Losing place in line of text. May start reading at end of line.
2. __ Inability to read small print.
3. __ Blurring and double image (eyes can’t work together).
4. __ Difficulty with spelling and grammar.
5. __ Unable to achieve saccades (simultaneous movements of both eyes in the same direction).
6. __ Eyes have difficulty in crossing the midline.
7. __ May write on only half the page so as not to cross the midline.
8. __ May read well, but finds writing stressful.
9. __ Can solve problems orally, but has difficulty when writing the problem.
10. __ Difficulty copying text.
11. __ When writing, margin may becomes slanted rather than vertical.
12. __ Breaks pencil lead due to too much pressure; gets writing cramps due to overly tight grip.
13. __ Difficulty in processing auditory information.
14. __ Transposes or misses sounds when reading.
15. __ Sits at an odd angle at desk when writing.
1. __ Limb movements occur involuntarily when the head is turned.
2. __ Difficulty keeping balance or clumsiness (when reflex is strongly retained in the legs).
3. __ Difficulty in making symmetrical movements (same on each side) with hands, feet, and eyes.
4. __ When handed an object, will usually not reach across the midline. (That is, if the child is right-handed and an
object is presented toward his left hand, he will usually grasp the object with his left hand and then transfer it to his
right hand, rather than crossing over the midline of his body with his right hand to grasp).
5. __ Poor hand-eye coordination.
6. __ Difficulty swimming, especially breast stroke; splashy rolling style with crawl.
7. __ Difficulty running, skiing, roller blading.
8. __ Difficulty rolling over and crawling (because retained ATNR prevents development of Amphibian Postural
9. __ Damage in joints and bones, including scoliosis (curvature of spine) and dislocation of hip.
10. __ Shoulder injuries, especially in sports.
1. __ Visual learner—imaginative, artistic.
2. __ Poor short-term memory.
3. __ Difficulty following multiple instructions.
4. __ Poor distinction between left and right.
5. __ Selfish, egocentric. Impatient, wants everything now.
6. __ Poor impulse control.
7. __ Inability to think ahead to consequences of behavior.
|Quantum Reflex Integration, QRI
"Symphony of Reflexes"